If all sides have agreed to use Cynthia as a mediator and they wish to schedule a date, please contact Robert (Cynthia’s Practice Manager) at 510.452.5298 or email@example.com.
Please let Robert know the following information:
- your preferred mediation dates and/or time frame;
- the names of each party, and the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses for each counsel; and
- how the mediator fee will be split.
We routinely provide open dates in response to multiple inquires, and confirm dates on a first-come, first-served basis. To minimize the inherent inconvenience this can create, upon request we will place a short courtesy hold on a date while calendars are checked.
- If you are mediating with Cynthia through AAA, please refer to AAA for calendaring by contacting AAA at 877-495-4185, or visit www.adr.org to learn more.
- If you are litigating in the Superior Court of Alameda County, have been ordered to the ADR Program, and have filed your Mediator Selection Form identifying Cynthia as your mediator, please ensure that the program office has forwarded the appointment documents to Cynthia. If you have questions about the Court ADR Program, you can contact the program office at 510.891.6055 or visit www.alameda.courts.ca.gov.
If all parties have agreed to an open date, Robert will place it on the calendar as CONFIRMED. Robert will then send a formal e-confirmation to all counsel:
- confirming the mediation date and location (but typically not the start time, which will be set at the Pre-Mediation Conference Call—see below);
- proposing a date/time for the Pre-Mediation Conference Call; and
- requesting an e-copy of the complaint, or, if no complaint has been drafted or filed, a sentence or two broadly describing the nature of the claims.
By separate e-mail, Robert also will send the appropriate fee invoice to each attorney. Please see details under Mediation Fees page.
3. Pre-Mediation Conference Call
In each case, Cynthia holds a 20-30 minute Pre-Mediation Conference Call with counsel approximately two to three weeks before the mediation. In this call, Cynthia will not discuss the merits of the case, but will cover case status, mediation procedure and logistics (including setting a start time.)
Robert will work with the parties by e-mail to find an open date/time for the Pre-Mediation Conference Call. Once a date/time has been selected, he will send an e-confirmation with the call-in phone number and code for the call.